Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup technique where an artist uses a special tool to manually create hair-like strokes on the eyebrow to improve fullness and shape. The pigment is deposited into the epidermis and lasts 12 to 18 months, as it will gradually fade.
The result is natural-looking, fuller brows. Microblading is a great option for those with thinning brow hair, those who have over-waxed or tweezed, those with alopecia of the brows where hair no longer grows, or for anyone who just wants to improve the brow fullness and shape.
Microshading is a semi-permanent makeup technique where an artist uses a special tool to manually to create a shadow or gradient appearance with teeny-tiny dots of pigment instead of fine hairs like microblading—almost like you used a brow powder. The result is a softer, fuller look with shadow and texture. The pigment is deposited into the epidermis and lasts 12 to 18 months, as it will gradually fade.
Combine Both Techniques
Some may benefit from a combination of both microshading and microblading, especially if your brows are on the thinner side and they need that powder effect to fill out the shape.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We first recommend a brief consultation to determine if you are good candidate for microblading and also to discuss your desired result. Then your initial microblading service may be scheduled, the process will take between about 2 hours.
At your appointment, we will first apply a topical numbing cream to your eyebrow area for about 30 minutes. During this time, color will be selected together by the client and technician. After the skin has been numbed, your technician will do a “pre-drawing” to map out the shape for the brow. The client and technician will together agree upon the shape and fullness. Then the microblading process will begin.
A “touch up” service is required 4 -6 weeks later for best results, and this appointment is included in the price of the microblading. The touch up will take about 90 minutes.
DOES IT HURT?
We first recommend a brief consultation to determine if you are good candidate for microblading and also to discuss your desired result. Then your initial microblading service may be scheduled — a $50 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your appointment. The process will take between about 2 hours.
This varies from person to person, depending on sensitivity of the client. Some clients may feel slight discomfort but most find the process tolerable, comparing the feeling to a paper cut or a rough scratch. After the first pass, an anesthetic gel will be applied to the skin which will allow for more comfort moving forward with the service.
CAN ANYONE GET MICROBLADING?
Not Ideal For…
- Individuals with oily skin and large pores – pigment has a harder time retaining
- Individuals with previous permanent makeup
- Individuals who have used retinoids within the last 2 weeks
- Individuals who have had deep chemical or laser peels within the last 6 weeks
- Individuals who have had Botox within the last 2 weeks
- Individuals on blood thinners – excess bleeding can cause the pigment to not retain (may receive a note from doctor to stop blood thinners for a period of time prior to service)
(Depending on severity of medical condition, some individuals may still be able to have the procedure with a note from their doctor)
- Individuals with diabetes type 1 or 2
- Individuals with thyroid disease
- Individuals with auto-immune diseases
- Individuals with high risk of infection or slow healing time due to any medical condition
- Individuals currently undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
- If you are pregnant or nursing